In response to the current situation of political uncertainty in Catalonia, which is having a significant impact on the activity of many businesses, the Leading Brands of Spain Forum considers it necessary to support and defend the work of these companies and brands and their economic and social importance:
- In a social market economy, companies are the main driver of economic growth, job creation, progress and social welfare.
- Brands are a part of our culture, history, everyday lives and experiences, and they help to build and unite our country and society.
- Many Catalonian brands are international reference points for both Spain and Catalonia, having served for years as ambassadors for Spain as members of the Leading Brands of Spain Forum.
- Any boycott that arises in the current political context is unfair and harmful not only to these companies and their brands, but to Spain’s economy and society.
- This situation adversely affects not only Catalonia’s businesses and economy, but any company or brand that operates in Catalonia and the Spanish economy on the whole, due to the relationship of business and economic interdependence.
- Businesses and their brands require stable institutional, legal and political framework in order to carry out their activity normally.
- Within the framework of the law, the appropriate channels of dialogue and negotiation must be established to restore a situation of normality that favors business activity and social harmony, in the interest of all.