Your peace of mind comes first
Applus+ is a leader in certification and technological services and the main Spanish multinational in the certification sector. Applus+ aims to become the global benchmark for the certification business. Applus+ carries out inspections, tests, approvals, checks and analyses to certify that the most demanding standards are met. Created in 1996, the company has extended its services through the acquisition of different businesses in complementary activities including:
- In 2000, it entered the US market, becoming the leader in vehicle emission control in decentralised schemes.
- In 2003, it obtained the management of LGAI.This was a key year for international expansion in the certification sector.
- In 2004, Soluziona Calidad y Medio Ambiente joined the group structure, making it the largest inspection, certification and technological services company in Spain.
- In 2005, the group bought the Danish public vehicle inspection company.
- In 2006, the group bought the Dutch Group RTD, the European leader in industrial and energy inspections. Under the area of vehicle inspection, the Group also purchased K1, the second-ranked operator in Finland. In the USA, the group purchased Autologic LLC, the leader in technological services for pollutant emission control. Applus+ operates in countries in all five continents. Its main offices in Spain are located in Barcelona, Madrid and A Coruña, and has subsidiary offices in Chicago (USA) and Shanghai (China) for business development in America and Asia.